Tuesday, December 1, 2009

How was YOUR Thanksgiving?!?

Awesome, you say? That's great to hear. Mine was pretty busy but lot's of fun as well; thanks for asking!

First of all, I would like to apologize for yet again missing a week of blogging. I should have warned y'all but I was so Dog-gone busy last week that there was no way I was sitting down to craft this little gift. But that was in this past and this is the future, er, the present. So here we go with my Thanksgiving gift to all of you: 3 funny stories from your favorite dog walker!

Numero Uno: One of my visits was with "Champ". Champ's owner, let's call him Pat, had to leave town to visit with his family and didn't want to leave Champ at a kennel for 5 days--I says good for me. On my consultation visit with Pat he gave me the lay of the land and showed me where Champ liked to do his business. He also informed me that he never takes Champ out on a leash and that he sometimes gets "anxious" about going #2 while he's on a leash. Obviously I had to explain to Pat that Walk It Out has an "always on the leash" policy and I would be walking Champ in kind. He seemed to be OK with that arrangement. Anyways, on my second visit with Champ, he was having one of his anxious moments and was refusing to go #2. We waited and walked and waited and walked and waited some more. I decided to take heed to Pat's request and let Champ off of the leash so he could go #2. We were in a tight little area that was surrounded by a building and wooded area so I figured it would be ok just this one time. So Champ goes into the woods and does his business. Eureka! But, once he was done, Champ goes exploring into the woods and starts heading for a creek. You can only imagine my panic as I'm thinking, "am I about to lose a client's dog?" Hell-to-tha-naw I'm not! So I go all Harrison Ford "Fugitive" style chasing Champ into the woods. I finally catch him and have to slide tackle him before he goes into the creek. Champ: 0 Alvin: 1. Little did Champ know that I hit the gym like whoa and there was no way in this world that he was getting away from me. Take that, Champ!

Numero dos: Another visit was with Titan. Titan's owner's, Diego & Linda, are personal friends of mine and asked me to look after ol' Titan while they did some traveling over the holiday. Titan's cage is in his room which is one the second floor of the house. Titan and I had a few good visits until Friday morning. I walk in the door and am greeted by, you guessed it, Titan. This was strange because the last time I saw Titan, he was in his cage...in his room...upstairs. So I'm thinking this isn't good. The first thing I see is a pool of Titan's #1 in the foyer. As I walk towards it, I happen to glance to my left and see at collection of Titan's #2 off in the corner of the dining room. Well, well, Mr. Titan. Way to spread the wealth around. After cleaning up said #1 and #2 (keep in mind, Titan is a solid 60 lbs so this was a 10 sheet job), I let Titan out as usual. Surprise, surprise, it looks like Titan doesn't need to go out. Hmm, I wonder why. Anyways, after he eats his breakfast, I take him upstairs to his cage and BAM, there's another offering from monsieur Titan. So I clean this one up, put the big fella back in his cage and went on my way.

Number 3: Remember Titan? Of course you do; I just wrote about him. I get a call from Linda on Saturday after her and Diego returned from their trip. Turns out that ol' Titan got out of his cage, again, and did a little "redecorating" in the house. He went to each one of their brand new wooden Venetian blinds and destroyed the bottom two blinds. Did I mention EACH ONE IN THE HOUSE? Ok, just checking. So I swing over to check out the damage, console my clients and make sure this wasn't my fault. Just as I had assumed, Titan busted down the wall of his cage while the door was still locked. Again, I win, but only kinda this time because I hate to see any of my friends/clients unhappy. But at least it wasn't my fault, right?

Ok, that's all I've got. I'm off for now but take care of yourselves and one another.

Walk It Out!


No comments:

Post a Comment